Al Maktoum International, next to the MEBAA Show site at Dubai World Central, saw a 265% increase in business aviation departures in Q3 2014 – a trend showing how rapidly Dubai’s new airport is expanding.
Regardless of whether you frequently do business in the Middle East or this is your first time in the region, the MEBAA Show is the must attend event for any company involved in business aviation in this rapidly expanding market.
5 REASONS TO VISIT THE MEBAA SHOW
- Take advantage of the MEBAA Show's strategic location and the unique group of industry professionals who attend and exhibit at the event
- Build new relationships and enhance existing ones
- Discover the latest innovations and advances in the industry
- Obtain new leads for your business
- Buy, sell or lease your aircraft
THE MARKET IN FOCUS
But this doesn’t mean that Dubai International is lagging behind – it was the Middle East’s top airport for business aviation movements in 2014 with 15,851 movements by halfway through Q4.
26% of the Middle East’s business aviation fleet is based in the UAE, second only to Saudi Arabia which is home to 35%. It is worth noting that the average fleet age of the aircraft in the UAE is only 10 years old, whereas Saudi Arabia's fleet is 15 years old and the average for the entire region is nearly 12 years old.
The amount of active business aircraft in the Middle East has increased by 68% in the past 10 years.
Source: Business Aviation Insight, WingX on behalf of MEBAA